In episode 12, The Occupational Philosophers dive into the world of Accidental Mashups, Insatiable Curiosity and how they drive Innovation.
- Why an insatiable curiosity is at the heart of entrepreneurialism (and it’s how they see opportunities that other people miss)
- How being open to surprises, coincidences and mistakes we can deliver some fantastic insights that can drive innovation
- Why innovation is never linear (as much as we would like it to be)
- The importance of asking curious questions and how two key questions kicked off two of the worlds most innovative companies
- How some of our most famous inventions are the result of accidents and unexpected mashups
- Why the most exciting phrase in science is “Mmmmm, that’s funny”
- How unexpected incidences can bring around amazing insights – if you are open to them
- Why you should always take the laundry out ahead of answering the telephone
- Maybe it’s time to rethink the ven diagram
They also explore such job interview questions such as:
- Why are manholes round?
- Are you a hunter or gatherer?
- What type of tree are you?
As always there are some great thought experiments including:
- Word mashups
- A deep dive into the psychology of choices (and what it says about your life)
Come visit at www.occupationalphilosophers.com