In episode 15, The Occupational Philosophers explore imagination – what it is, why it’s so important and why we have oodles of it, ready and waiting for us to use.
So what is it?
“Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and, therefore, the foundation of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.” J.K. Rowling
In this episode, they explore:
- What it is (see above)
- The different types of imagination (it’s everywhere!)
- Why it is absolutely essential – in life, in teams, for leaders and organisations
- How to create environments at work that allow people to imagine
- The importance of synchronous and asynchronous work
- How innovation = imagination + action
- Where imagination sits with its best friends of curiosity and creativity
- How to spark your imagination and become unblocked (mentally)
- Why imagination is an essential work and life skill
And, importantly…..Why an imaginative life is SO MUCH FUN
As always there are some great thought experiments including “Imagination Badger”
Here’s to a world filled with imagination.