As John and Simon traverse the northern hemisphere summer, John takes on a little walk into the world of Purposeful Questions.
- Ask for clarity on their thoughts
- Ask to challenge proposals
- Ask to examine ideas
- Ask to draw out someone’s perspective
- Ask to understand the impact of an idea
- Ask to find out what are the right questions to ask!
Key Things to Remember:
- Ask with a curious mind and tone
- Be careful with language …Asking ‘Why’ can feel confrontational
- Use questions to have people ‘raise their gaze’ or ‘delve in deep’
- Ask yourself ‘What’s the right question to ask?’
- Think about the order of your questions
- If your question draws blank looks, then reframe it
- Declare the intent of your question ‘Hey, I am curious about the impact of this idea?
So whilst it’s a short episode, there is LOADS of goodness.
As a side note, whilst the Occupational Philosophers have been steadily improving as Podcast hosts, today’s show makes us realise that they still have a long way to go……
We hope you enjoy the show AND we hope you join us for another great year of a not-so-serious business podcast. And as The Occupational Philosophers always say: stay curious, make stuff, play more, have fun and date life.
FYI: The Inbetweeners episodes are just that – smaller episodes ‘in between’ the longer format episodes designed to give a little kickstart to enable you to be the most curious, creative and imaginative cat you can be – and have some fun in the process.
Their day jobs
SIMON SHOWREEL: https://youtu.be/YZQdJI6qGvg